Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Sunday, December 2, 2012

This week!

Things continue to go so well around here!  Last week there was a night or two that I thought we might be meeting our little one, but after thinking about it, I think I just overdid it those days.  I am trying to be better about resting while Colton rests during the day, but nesting has kicked in full gear!  I have so much I want to do, but the bag got packed this weekend, so I suppose everything else is icing on the cake at this point!

This week is exciting for several reasons...

#1. I get my last shots!! Today will be one and next Sunday the final 17P shot.  I am sure that B is tired of doing this to me and I am ready to not be a pin-cushion any longer.  BUT, I am a believer in these shots as they seemed to have made a difference in holding off preterm labor for the last 3 kiddos.  I cannot believe that this journey is almost in the next phase and will be excited to see how long it takes for labor to begin once the shots are done. 

#2. I have my appointment with the perinatalogist. I am a little anxious about this one.  I feel HUGE, of course, but I hope that baby is also growing accordingly.  I have read about babies with DS not growing much in the 30-35 week mark and therefore needing to be delivered a bit earlier for their health.  Hoping that is not the case here.  Last time little one was in the 55th percentile, so prayers that Squirt is close to that still!  Dr. D will also complete the fetal echo, so crossing our fingers that everything still looks good heart-wise.

Week 35!!!  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!