Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Current situation :)

So I am now 38 weeks and we have made it through Christmas.  I am so thankful that I could be here with the kids to see Santa visit.  Now I am really ready for the little guy to arrive.

I went to the doctor yesterday and I am still at a 3.  For 3 weeks.  Oy vey.

I go to see the peri on Thursday, where we will see if there is anything new going on with baby.  I believe they will be doing another growth scan, so I am excited to see the guesstimate of his weight. Keep in mind our largest baby was 6 lbs 6 oz.  This could get interesting.

We did decide this week after talking with the OB that unless something changes with baby, we are not going to induce.  I am such a planner and ready to be done and love the Dec birthstone, but was nervous about not letting nature take its course.  The doc was ok with whatever we wanted, so we will see!

Will he be a 2012 or 2013 baby--only He knows :)

We are so thankful during this holiday season for our family and friends and cannot wait for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!