Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Sunday, December 30, 2012

Wonderful news!

Owen had a great night last night and is slowly weaning off the oxygen. His billi levels were also very good this morning, so his body is doing all the right things to break down those pesky red blood cells! That means less time under the lights and more snuggled.

More importantly, it means I get to try nursing again today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[please note the amount of exclamation points is in direct correlation to my level of enthusiasm:)]

This is HUGE because he needs to be eating well before we can blow this pop stand, so to speak.

I can't wait to see how it goes and will update later this morning:).

Here is a pic from our snuggle time this morning. Could be one of the cutest four babies I've ever met---although I am a bit biased;)

What a way to end this crazy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!