Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Thursday, December 6, 2012

A blog-readers exclusive!

If you are family/friends and you read the blog- you get the inside scoop on this one... Now I'll really know who is reading this :)

So we have known for awhile what our little blessing will be.  We didn't want to tell the kids due to their desire to have another girl to even out the teams around here.  (Plus Kate cried a bit at Colton's ultrasound when we found out!). 

At any rate, a few weeks back the kids begged to know and so they found out, too, so really no reason to keep it a secret any longer!

Plus, I have been using a certain pronoun more often lately---so we are going to let you in on the secret...

My BBC friends have seen it on my ticker, but didn't really think about it until the other day when a comment was posted and I thought "crap!"  I am a terrible secret keeper (of my own secrets, that is) so to keep this from the general public until now is quite an extraordinary feat, if I do say so myself.

We have a few names we are tossing around, but it is HARD once you already have 2 boys! Colton's name came in the last few weeks before he arrived, so we are confident it will become perfectly clear sooner than later (we hope!). 

So welcome to the "secret circle" that really isn't too secret anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!