Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Monday, October 29, 2012

The calm...

So I had a few people ask what is up lately and why the no blogging for a bit.  The answer is simple:

Calm.

I am really feeling a sense of calm about things.  Life is going along and we will rise up to meet anything that joins us.  I have been crocheting baby hats and still pondering over names (that is our/my biggest issue currently) and not really reading up on anything.

I have been in contact with a few moms in the area who also have been through all this and they remind me to just "be."

I am so grateful that we found out about all of this so that I could work through emotions and be truly at this point to just meet that little one and LOVE.  I am as informed as I can be at this point and feel like I have an arsenal of resources ready for when they are needed.

For now I can just BE.

I can be at peace and really enjoy the remainder of this pregnancy.

I can be more present with my kids and enjoy them!

I can be confident in what I know (and what I don't know) in life.

I can be not worried about everything that may - or may not- come our way.

It has been such a nice next step in this journey.  I am sleeping better (thank you to my hubby for a new bed--that has helped a ton!). I am not reading about all the doom and gloom pieces of this diagnosis.

Now, not to say that we are all rainbows and ponies all the time, but a current life stress we have also been dealing with for many months is also coming to an end.  We are also ready for that chapter to be completed so that peace can return to our home for us all.  It has been a year of ups and downs within my extended family and I just continue to have hope that my family can find happiness and contentment in their own lives as well.

30 weeks... Less than 10 weeks for sure. My guess is that this little one will join us sometime late in December, rather than my due date.  My initial feeling was December 28th, so we will see...

Hope you are enjoying this Halloween time of year--can't wait to see my little Superheroes all ready to trick or treat tomorrow night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!