Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Appointment updates and more signs from above

Well, I finally passed my glucose test yesterday--YAY!  SO once less thing to worry about there.

I also had my appointment with the new OB.  I liked him and we just talked about my history and current issues with this little one.  There are a few things that I need to think about and consider in switching.  It shouldn't surprise me, but it always does when I here conflicting ideas about care.  There are a few things that Brian and I need to talk about.  (Brian wasn't able to be with me yesterday because he had taken Andy to Ohio for hopefully his final scope for his allergies!  what a week!!)

The good thing is that my preterm labor issues are non-existent thus far, so really I am a "normal" pregnancy unless something changes.  It also sounds like the later that we do the next anatomy scan, the more that might be able to be seen.  As much as that is stressing me out, I would rather wait and know what we have going on, if anything.  So, we will see! (darn that patience again!)

Another amazing sign was given to me today.  I was up with Colton early this morning and a thought came to me to call a former co-worker who is involved in a MOPs group.  I has this sudden feeling that I should contact her because she would help me on my journey somehow. I got in touch with her today and just asked if anyone in her group had kiddos with special needs.  She mentioned a few things and about a woman who had an issue that was pregnant currently.  I asked if she could tell me more and got goosebumps reading her response as she mentioned chromosomal abnormalities and a missing nasal bridge.  Holy $hit!!!!!  is what I wanted to say, but I then my surprise went away.  This conversation was planted to be had by something much greater than me.   I am hoping I might be able to connect with this mama and see what role she has in my journey.

It is another gorgeous fall day here and although my heart and head have had much worry lately (I've been crafting a post that isn't on the happiest of related topics), it is moments like these that remind me to keep the faith.  Everything truly does happen for a reason!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!