Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Monday, February 25, 2013

Join Me!

March 21 is World Down Syndrome Day.

3/21 to represent the 3 copies of the 21st chromosome that Owen is rocking.  (I've read some moms refer to this as having "designer genes!")

At any rate, this year I would like to do something to start giving back to the DS community that has been so welcoming.  It is a family I never knew I would need so much!

A local business, The Social Canvas, will be doing a fundraiser that evening to raise funds for the local organization GiGi's Playhouse.  The Social Canvas is an art studio where you create your own work of art!  Part of the fees will go right to them in celebration of the day.

I would love to have friends join Kate and I that night.  We are planning it as our own little girl's night out. 

Please follow the link for details and to get registered! 
http://www.thesocialcanvas.com/calendar.php?month=3&year=2013
Here is the artwork we will be creating that evening.

http://www.thesocialcanvas.com/admin/paintings/September2220121130LovelogoLG.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!