Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Thursday, January 10, 2013

Still have not lost my mind...but the night is young!

Well after the last few days, I am thinking that my New Year's resolution is really being tested.

And it is only January 10.

It is most concerning when I hear the tone in people's voices or messages. They are making sure I am still partially sane and I appreciate it. I feel like a potential train wreck ready to happen. I told B tonight that this must be how Lindsay Lohan feels all the time;)

We had a good day. Grandma toted Colton around the house and he took a good long nap. He is uncomfortable, you can tell, but not screaming and generally in good spirits. B said at the ER, he even held his leg up when they splinted it. The doc said they usually have to hold kids down for that part... He is one tough little squirt and I have much to learn from him, too.


Today we took him to the orthopedic doctor and it was really good news!  No break through the bone; it is a "buckling" of the bone.  That means he only needs the cast for 3 weeks and should be as good as new!  What great news!! 

The funny part is when the tech was wrapping the new cast...She said she would probably see us back before then because the little guy might wiggle out of his cast!  He is really scooting around and on the move again, so I won't be surprised to soon find him in one place and his cast in another!

We also had Owen's 2 week check up today.  It was relatively uneventful, which I was grateful for.  I am also grateful for a doctor who is thorough and checks on things.  We had a great conversation about Owen's start to life and where to go from here.   She even had a list of questions for me!  It was wonderful to feel heard and understood. 

So all in all, I have not lost my mind (yet).

 I even got a shower today.

Thanks for all your prayers for the little guys in the house. I keep hearing the phrase "this too shall pass" and I really know it will!  We are really so lucky and blessed that all we have encountered recently has turned out very well.  Instead of complaining about not showering or napping, I could be complaining about preparing for open heart surgery, orthopedic surgery or worse...Praise Him that is NOT the case for either little guy! 

Perspective is a glorious thing and an easy gut-check for me lately.  We are incredibly lucky and blessed.

This too shall pass.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!