Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A year old!!


I know... I have done an awful job of keeping up this blog.

That has been a criticism some of us "special needs moms" hear sometimes; everyone stops blogging as kids get older.  THEN, new parents assume it is because life is awful and terrible and unbearable and there is NOTHING but SUFFERING and MISERY to write about.

Ha.

The REAL story?  We are so busy leading a normal life that I just can't manage to find time to sit and blog. 

Owen is 1!!!

So, here we are.  Owen is a year old!  What?!  Yes. I can hardly believe it myself.

He started crawling the weekend of his birthday and now he is cruising everyone.  The squirt pulls up on everything and loves to get into anything he can.  (pretty typical, huh?!)  You can also see how much he "loved" his first birthday party!

Milestones (kind of a dirty word to me these days) have been met and Down syndrome doesn't seem to be as big a deal in our lives as I initially thought it would be.  In fact, one of the kids said one day, "Most of the time I forget Owen even has Down syndrome!"  Words that melt this mom's heart!














No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!