Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Monday, May 6, 2013

4 months and rolling right along

This was an exciting and frustrating week.

Let's start with the frustration....
I LOVE polka dots! I, however, do not like them on my children.

Thursday morning it was clear something was going on with the little guy. The night before B had noticed some dots on his face. By the next day, they were popping up everywhere, literally from head to toe.

It was awful.


There were 3 possible culprits in my mind.
1. My mom (to clarify, she was visiting and snuggling and I suspected it might be her laundry soap or perfume at first--out kids have the most sensitive skin!)
2. Immunizations that he had on Monday.
3. Antibiotics from the ear infection.

After calling the doctor, they felt since it was everywhere (even between his toes!) that is was most likely a reaction to his meds. Thankfully he was almost done, so we discontinued them. And now, by Sunday, he is cleared up.

Phew.

He looked awful and thankfully was not in pain or discomfort. We are good to go for the next stretch now.

And now the exciting news.... We have a roller!!! (and I finally have video evidence to support this claim!)





He had been rolling a bit this week, only when we are not in the room or looking directly at him. Stinker.

Well this weekend he has started to go crazy with it! He hardly stays on his back now and is scooting in circles! So cute to watch. It is really nice because I think it has really helped some further neck control, which is getting stronger too. So fun to see him work on milestones and reach them.

Taking it all as it comes and feeling blessed for the day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!