Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Sunday, April 7, 2013

What a week!

I know.  I know. I know. 

I have been a bit absent lately from my blogging.  Can you believe that 4 kids get in the way of free time? Shocking!

Honestly, things are going along here just fine. We spent time over the last week in our hometown celebrating the life of B's grandma Boots as she went to see Jesus fittingly on Easter Sunday.  She would have turned 92 this month and was such a kind, sweet, faith-filled woman.  But the thing I loved most about her was the fiery, sassy streak she maintained through the end.  She had not felt well for a long time, so many of us were pleased to see her body peaceful as she reunited with her husband, family and friends who have gone Home before her. 

I have regret, though.  She never really was able to meet Owen.  Thankfully B's mom had taken many photos to show her over the past months.  She prayed for little O each day and I am grateful that she will be his guardian angel on the other side.  What a lucky boy!  We did get to take him up to the nursing home the day before she passed and I would like to believe she could hear and know his presence.  She was a hard-working, caring woman and I can only hope to be thought of so wonderfully some day.

She and Kate's birthdays are just a few days apart and they celebrated their 90th and 6th birthdays together 2 years ago this weekend.  Love them!

It was a long week of traveling, but it was great to be able to take Owen to our hometown to meet family and friends. Wishing our time hadn't been so short, but we will be back sooner than later!

In other O news, we were supposed to get his temporary hearing aides this week.  But with the funeral and such, we had to reschedule. New date is for the end of this month!  I am so interested to see what a difference it makes (if any).  Praying for some positive results :) 

The other item on the docket for O is a sleep study later this month.  He is a LOUD sleeper and generally wakes us and himself up several times a night.  After hearing about other moms' experiences with this and a few more exaggerated nights of night gasping, we made an appointment with the local sleep center.  After chatting with the doc, he decided that a sleep study would be in our best interests to see what we might be dealing with. So at the end of the month, I will have an overnight date with Mr. O at the sleep center.  This will be interesting! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!