Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Rolling along---literally!

The setting:  Our living room floor

The audience: The family

The event:  HE ROLLED OVER (4 times!)



We could hardly believe our eyes!  I was so glad that dad was home too.  (Otherwise he may have not believed me!)

The little squirt was doing his tummy time and just rolled right on over.  I am still a bit in shock since he is only 3 1/2 weeks old.  Yesterday he was on his side quite a bit and that surprised me too.

The funniest part:  Kate saying right afterwards, "I thought you guys said it would take him longer to do things?!"  Ha!  Way to make us liars, Owen!  :)

Tomorrow the physical therapist comes to check him out, so this should be fun.

I realize that O may not make all his milestones when we hope he does or think he should, so this is such a nice surprise--can't wait to see what he will do to surprise us next.  Keep us guessing little one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!