Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Monday, October 15, 2012

Next week :)

I got a call from the perinatalogist's office last week and they needed to reschedule my next ultrasound, so I get to see the little bug next Monday! This will be the follow-up level 2 scan to check baby over really well again.  The heart and bowels will be the focus areas, in my mind.

I am excited to get to see the little squirt, but I am also anxious to find out what might be going on.  Having faith that all will be fine and that the fluid around the heart and in the kidneys have resolved, too.  More waiting :)

Other than that, I felt much better over the weekend.  In my medical opinion, I believe maybe the little one flipped into position the other day and is now head down.  I will be extra bummed if he/she is still breech next week.  The movements feel differently and I am having familiar pressure, so I really hope this is just what happens in the third trimester to most moms.

THIRD TRIMESTER!  I forgot to celebrate that accomplishment aloud!  I am 28 weeks and have made it to the final trimester still standing (literally!).  I am trying to use Colton's naptimes wisely.  And, as much as I feel like a lazy bum, I think it gives my body the resting it needs to keep going the rest of the day.  If only I could actually nap too!  The shots are still going well and B has been such a trooper. I know he likes giving the shots as much as I like having them, but I am blessed that he is so patient and kind and gentle--my behind has not been sore much at all!

Thoughts are generally much more positive these days.  I can hardly believe that it is the middle of October. I am generally a "Christmas tornado" and finished quite early with gifts and such.  I am feeling a bit more of a crunch this year based on the "what ifs" that could occur.  I am a good portion of the through our shopping and even wrapped some things this morning! 

We have several other things going right now and once that all calms down, I think my attitude and focus will be much better.  These extra stresses have really bogged down my attitude lately. Which I am not proud of as it is robbing the joy from each day.  One thing I have learned this year---goals and focus and control in one's life is so important.  I am about finished with those that lack those things and refuse to move forward and control their own destiny.  I do believe there is an ultimate plan for us by Him, but for the love of Pete, those who just sit back and complain about the life happening around them is such a joke.  Vent over:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!