Our journey through a prenatal Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) diagnosis and beyond

I wish it were possible to recognize at the beginning of our life’s story what an incredible journey we are truly on. If so, I would have sat down years ago and begun documenting all the ordinary and extraordinary events in this amazing life I have been blessed with. Sometimes, though, it may take just one more thing to open your eyes into the beauty of the life you have led and causes you to pause and truly count the blessings that are now so many they will never be enumerated.

If you are just joining us, please go back to September 2012 to get caught up.



Saturday, September 29, 2012

Patience

Well...I think the name of the game from here on out is patience (which it honestly should be with kids anyway!).

  • I am waiting until after Monday to create a care plan with my new OB. (I got in in record time thanks to my previous history and the nuances associated with this little one!)  
  • I am waiting until week 28 when they can better visualize the baby's bowel to rule out Duodenal atresia. 
  • I am waiting to share with more people until we know a little bit more about baby's health status.
  • I am waiting to join the local group Up With Down and Gigi's Playhouse and start connecting with families that have been through all this
  • I am waiting to just snuggle this little squirt!

Then, once the little one is here, we will again be waiting to see how he/she really is.  When milestones will be reached, what support might be needed, what daily life will really look like.  Patience.

So, without any alternatives, I will wait.  I hit the 26 week mark today, which is incredible.  With Kate I was, unknowingly, beginning preterm labor.  With the boys, I was already on partial bedrest.  I am starting to get a bit more uncomfortable, mostly back pain because I keep toting Mr. Colton around, but we will get through.

We toured the new hospital last weekend and now I just need to get forms filled out "just in case."  

14 weeks or less--AAAGGGHHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!